Ruth Culver Community Library is able to offer curbside pickup of library materials beginning Monday, April 27. We will be limited to what is available on our shelves. We cannot check out kits or equipment.
Remember, the Ruth Culver Community Library building remains closed to the public. The lobby, restrooms, computers, and other spaces will not be accessible. All library returns must go through our outside book drop. Returns will be quarantined and will not be checked in for 7 days. Please do not try to hand returns to library staff or leave them at the door. Thank you for your patience and understanding as our staff navigates this new service.
Hours for pickup
9:00a.m. – 6:00p.m. Monday through Friday (by appointment only)
Not available Saturday and Sunday
How to Request Materials
Each patron may request up to 5 items per pickup. You may schedule pickup for multiple family members at once. You can request materials in one of the following ways.
- Place holds as usual using the LINKcat catalog or mobile app. (Although the catalog contains materials from all libraries in the South Central system, we will only be able to fill requests for items currently on our shelves.)
- Call the library at 608-643-8318 between 9:00a.m. and 6:00p.m. to make your request with a staff member. Please do not leave messages as voicemail is not checked regularly at this time.
Once your materials are available, staff will contact you to schedule a pickup time.
You may receive automated phone calls, texts or emails alerting you that your materials are ready. Please do not attempt to pick them up until a staff member has contacted you to arrange a pickup appointment.
- Please park in one of the street spots in front of the library if possible.
- Call the library at 608-643-8318 to let staff know you have arrived.
- This needs to be contactless service. Staff will bring your materials out, set them near the front door, and return inside.
- AFTER the staff person is safely back in the library, you may get out of your car to retrieve your materials.
- Only one person should get out of their car at a time. So, if we have three pick-ups, please wait until the person in front of you is back in their car before you get out.
- Reminder: library staff will not be able to accept any returns. Returns must be placed in our outside book drop.